Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm a loser baby






Am I a loser? This question has been haunting me since last night. Ever since a friend of mine called to ask me how I was and what I was up to and I had nothing to say. Nada. Ziltch. I mean, things are up with me. I work. I write this blog. I was taking theatre classes (I am on hiatus until October). I am entertaining the thought of taking photography classes. I see my friends. I used to train (more on that later). Or in the event that I stay at home, I relax and take some me-time. Is there something wrong with that? Does staying at home on a Thursday night make me a sore loser? Does being single make me a loser? It is true that I may not be the most socially out-there person in the world but is being somewhat of a loner yet another term for loser? So as I wandered in the land of other geeks or dorks, I thought of a few in cinematic history that have inspired me.

1. Billy Cudrup in Dedication. Amazing indie movie that probably me and someone else at Sundance saw. Cudrup (swoon) plays Henri a fucked-up children's books writer who's whole life turns even more upside down the day his faithful cartoonist partner dies. Hint: he gets the girl in the end (the always gorgeous Mandy Moore).
2. Napoleon Dynamite. Need I say more?
3. John Nash (aka Rusell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind). Forget the fact that he started to drool on people. This guy is a math genius!
4. Little Miss Sunshine. Abigail Breslin as Olive. Love, love, love this movie. We are all losers together.
5. Arrested Development. Oh c'mon. 

So I'm I a loser? Maybe. Yes, a little bit. So what?

2 comments:

  1. If you're a loser than I am one too, cause I'll drop the pilot for Mandy Moore anytime, and you know it. I looooove "Dedication" so much. And "Little Miss Sunshine". And "Arrested Development". And you, as a matter of fact. I love you too much I think. ^_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the word I had to enter so that my comment would be published was : vagge. Sometimes life's too beautiful.

    ReplyDelete