Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Book Club








All images via Garance Dore

I have always felt like you could tell a lot about a person by looking at the books she or he reads. I am fascinated by visiting people's houses and browsing through their book collection. I am a big believer in coffee table books and my own house will have, I hope, a richly filled library. One look at my book collection, tells you, for instance, that I am an hopeless romantic (hello Jane Austen) but also a fan of litterary journalism (hello Joan Didion) and self-help books (why men love bitches). What does yours say? I am a big geek and have always enjoyed a good book. After I finished my degree, I kind of felt brain dead for a little while but now I am bag to devouring words. Which is why I enjoyed this post by Garance, where she browses through an incredibly stylish woman's book collections. Fascinating reads. You can tell someone is cool by looking at their books. I'm not quite sure mine scream cool, but I'm ok with being labeled as dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment