Sunday, January 30, 2011

The girl I will never be







You know this girl? The girl who is always perfect? The girl who has it all? That will never be me. I will never be this girl who looks stunning under any circumstances. That girl who is always so polished and dresses appropriately. That girl, who has perfect hair, the perfect friends. That girl who is the life of any party and who is as successful in her career as she is in relationships. The girl everyone wants to be. I am the girl who rarely looks stunning. I am the girl who is always disheveled, who has a sailor mouth and who is rarely appropriate. I am not the girl who is skinny and has zero cellulite. In fact, I am the girl who, by default, will always be a little bit chubby. I have very few friend and I would rather stay home and watch Dog the Bounty Hunter than hang out with fake people who pretend to be my friend and won't remember me the next day. And maybe this is unattractive. And maybe this is not what society wants. But I have tried being the perfect girl and I ain't got the energy to spend hours prepping up in the morning, to be politically correct all the time, to be dressed like I am a millionaire nor to be seen at all the cool spots. I am not this girl. And I will never be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment