Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vanity Fair Proust Questionnaire





 Did you know that since 1993, Vanity Fair has used the celebrated Proust Questionnaire to probe note-worthy personalities? As I was reading VF this week-end I thought it was a very interesting set of questions. So, please forgive me whilst I become one of these annoying people who talk about themselves at lenght. I just answered this as truthfully as I could. You should do the same. xox

What is your idea of perfect happiness?: Being surrounded by loved ones. Cuddling with my dog. A warm breeze on a summer day. Good food. Chocolate.
What is your greatest fear?: The oppressing weight of loneliness.
Which historical figure do you most identify with?: Joan of Arc
Which living person do you most admire?: My dad. He’s the best person I know.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My selfishness
What is the trait you most deplore in others?: Hyprocrisy
What is your greatest extravagance?: My car
What is your favorite journey? The one that has yet to begin.
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?: Self-abnegation. Nobody really benefits from it in the end.
When and where are you happiest?: In my bed / By the beach / Where my friends are
What do you dislike most about your appearance?: My voluptuousness. It’s a love/hate relationship.
Which living person do you most despise?: Despise is a strong feeling that I choose not to indulge in.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?: “Qu’est-ce qui font les chiens?”/ “what are the dogs doing?”
What is your greatest regret? Running away from love, years ago. It could have been great.
What or who is the greatest love of your life? A certain guy named B.
Where would you like to live? In a warm climate. Where the love is.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?: Surviving emotional turmoil / Succeeding academically and professionally
On what occasion do you lie?: When I don’t want to hurt people.
Which talent would you most like to have?: The talent to mentally calculate effectively
What is your current state of mind?: Happy, relaxed, content
If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?: I don’t think i'd want to come back. Let others get to enjoy life.
What is your most treasured possession?: My dog, my computer, my pictures
What is your favorite occupation? Relaxing in my bed with a good book, a good movie and my dog.
What is the quality you most like in a man? Kindness.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?: To live alone, rejected from society with no kinship
What is your most marked characteristic?: my eyes- they’re huge or my butt-it's huge.
Who are your heroes in real life? My grandma.
What are your favorite names? Liya, Ellia, Auguste, James, Adjani
What is it that you most dislike? Hyprocrisy.
What do you most value in your friends?: Loyalty
Who are your favorite writers?: Truman Capote, Joan Didion
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?: Elizabeth Bennet
How would you like to die?: Peacefully
What is your motto?: “Fail, fail again, fail better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment