Thursday, April 26, 2012






"Tom: Anybody can make a big romantic gesture, all right? The question is: What happens after? Do you remember? Do you remember what you said to me that night? 
Laura: Yeah, I remember everything. 
Tom: So, what’d you say? 
Laura: I said it was the perfect night. 
Tom: You said it was the perfect night. 
Laura: So? 
Tom: So? How do I top that? 
Laura: We had so much fun. 
Tom: We had so much fun. 
Laura: So what’s the problem with that? 
Tom: The problem is, every time we had one of these amazing nights, I would wake up the next morning in a freaking panic. So why don’t we just spare each other a mundane life of crushing disappointment, and just do it with somebody else." The Romantics

Do you ever wonder what could have happened? What could have been? I tried not to indulge too often. But once in a while, i wonder...If i had made different choices, if i hadn't chicken out, if he hadn't chicken out, if he wasn't about to marry someone else...If he hadn't been scared of greatness, if I hadn't been scared, where would we be? Would we have had perfect nights? Perfect mornings? Would we have been as great together as my intuition tells me? I guess there is both beauty and pain in knowing you'll never know...in not having an answer. And maybe your fantasy is better that anything that could have been. Maybe. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment