Sunday, June 24, 2012

Parenting




Parenting is a subject that i am more than ever, juggling with. Not that i have any plans to be with child, anytime soon. But as I mentioned before, a slew of my friends are with child or plan on becoming pregnant soon, which makes me think of my own motherly aspirations - or lack thereof. You see, there are days when i can't wait to feel my belly swell, to feel that connection, to bring a child into this world. There are days when i feel 100% confident that i could be a good mom, that i have enough propensity for love to fulfill this child's needs, that i am strong enough emotionally to withstand anything and to provide a solid base. And then, there are days like today, where i meet my friend at a park with her two young boys and all the mom's are disheveled and frazzled and screaming and I don't know if this is what i want. My friend is a fabulous mom and honestly, I don't know how she does it. I wanted to scream the kids were so aggravating. Does that mean i'm not cut for this? Also, and this is one of my major flaws, i'm very selfish. I love my routine, my independence. When i'm not feeling so well, like today, i love to go home and watch movies and relax. And with kids, sometimes, that is simply impossible. So quite simply asked: i'm i fit to be a mom? Do you ever know if you're fit to be a mom? Let me know if you have the answer...xox

No comments:

Post a Comment