Monday, July 30, 2012

Dear future




My midnight reading list often includes The Huffington Post via Twitter (p.s. follow me!). Last night I read about this teenager who wrote a letter to her future husband. And it was so heartfelt. I thought I would do the same. After all, how can you be so sure of what you want, if you don't voice it, once in a while? Because I am not even sure I'll ever get married, I decided to speak to my future boyfriend instead. Here goes:


Dear future boyfriend,

I love you. And I guess that’s what really matters in this life.

No longer do I expect things to be perfect. Perfection is unattainable and let’s face it –impossible.

I know there will be days where we’ll want to rip each other’s face off. There will be days when I’ll want my privacy, where you’ll want room to breathe, where I’ll be grey, where you’ll want to live the life of a 21 year old.

And there will be time where I’ll be jealous or you’ll be mad at me for being so flirty. Everyone has insecurities and no matter how careful we are or how masterful we are at keeping them in check, they will come out. That’s ok.

Because in between those phases, we’ll have unfathomable moments and experiences. Together, we’ll transform the mundane into the extraordinary. Together, we will laugh and we will grow.  Together.

We’ll be flawed. And yet, it will all make sense.

We’ll laugh. We’ll cry. We’ll travel the world.

Even though I am not the prettiest girl, and that sometimes I am too witty for my own good, you’ll adore me. And even though you’re too serious and intense, and your teeth are just a little crooked, I’ll adore you.

We’ll inspire each other in a way that is hard to explain. You’ll push me to be more wild and carefree, and I’ll push you to let go and laugh a little more.  You’ll inspire me to be more assertive and I’ll force you to be less indecisive.

One day.

Until we meet, take good care of yourself. Don’t drink and drive, ok? And don’t let bitterness eat away at your heart.

I love you,

Aude

No comments:

Post a Comment