Friday, July 27, 2012

Living






As I was clicking through the channels (as I tend to do a lot) I came across this stupendous documentary on Costa Rica. And although I am a huge nature lover, I must say that it is truly the human aspect of stories that stick with me. In this case, the director followed a man named Eladio who left a successful life in the city for the volcanoes, forests and surf spots of the west coast. As some sort of national guard, Eladio oversees the work of geologists and such. This man, although very hard to describe in words, had such a love for life. As he gets to the top of the volcanoes (as part of a scientific expedition) he starts laughing like a kid in a candy store. You can tell he loves every stone, every strand of grass, every drop in every waterfall. Another time, as he drives through the forest towards his favorite surfing spot, he shows the camera the goosebumps on his arms. He says he found his life here, is love. His salvation. I can only wish to achieve this level of passion for life, in my own life. If you speak or understand French, I urge you to watch this. Get inspired. Become passionate about your own existence. Afterall, we only have one life. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment