Thursday, August 23, 2012

Heaven








I have found heaven and it lies in the deep-dark hole of society's reality TV. I admid it, now and again, I enjoy a healthy dose of non-sense, no-brainer entertainment. What can I say? And so, I LOVE Here comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC's latest gem about a redneck Southern family on the path to pageant fame. Many are unable to watch this show due to...how can I put it mildly, the lack of class and the average BMI of the protagonists. Some watch it to laugh at them, to condemn middle-class America and the South. But I watch it, no joke, because I think they're amazing. They're loud and yes-quite large, they have no manners, they have missing teeth and 0 education but they love each other and are so accepting of one another and of the rest of the world. And I can only admire that. They are also pee-in-your-pants funny self-depreciating and that is so refreshing. So please, watch the show. Or, visit the best tumblr I have seen in a while, the beautimous YOU BETTER REDNECKOGNIZE. DO it. xox



2 comments:

  1. Sais-tu quoi? Tu as raison. Je ne voyais pas du tout cet aspect de leur réalité. Mais tu as mis le doigt dessus. Je vais écouter un épisode en entier, parce que c'est toi qui le demande. Bizz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Sylviane! C'est vraiment une leçon sur l'acceptation de soi. Ma chère Honey Boo Boo dit si bien: "people come in all sizes and my size is cute!". Tu vois, ce n'est pas que j'encourage l'obésité pour des raisons de santé, mais je trouve ça absolument rafraichaissant de voir l'estime de ces gens et leur amour! J'espère que tu appréciera aussi! xox

      Delete