Sunday, September 23, 2012

Come dine with me





Coming from a dysfunctional family, we never ate around the dining room table. In fact, our dining area was more for show than for actual use. Family dinners or any kind of social gatherings were non-existent. I would eat most meals in front of the TV or whilst reading a book. But ever since my parents divorce and my sister and I occupying my dad's old house, we have started a new tradition that i've become so fond of. Every week, my dad and his gf come over and cook a real, heart-warming meal. My sister and I invite various friends and we all drink wine and talk and eat. Most of my friends live by themselves and are either on a budget or under a time-constraint. Thus, eating a home-cooked meal is a real treat. I now long for these dinners; I love the chaos, the food, the ambiance. Funny how in my-late twenties, I've discovered this for the first time. When I get my own place, this is how I want every dinner to look like. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment