Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Compassion




Lady Gaga has recently gone under fire for gaining 25 pounds. Which is completely ridiculous because she looked like a freaking twig before. But nevertheless, the world is cruel and any imperfections are being scrutinized. We are not any kinder with ourselves, constantly tugging at a love handle here, or pulling at our clothes in a self-conscious way there. I'm certainly no better. Upon started my anti-depression medicine, I gained a whopping 35 pounds. Sure, it kind of sucks that i can't fit into any of my old-clothes or that i have to reconsider dressing for my size. Or that my BMI is totally out of control. Which is why i appreciate Gaga's candor and transparency. I think she is doing young girls a great service (and humanity in general) by accepting herself-shit even flaunting her imperfections. As she puts it, she's doing it to "breed some motherf**king compassion". I think we should all do the same. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment