Saturday, December 22, 2012

This world




I know that this week's past events have been discussed at length. The tragedy, the grief, the sorrow. And I don't feel like I have much more to add. What can you say? How can you make sense of it? But yesterday the story of the young girl in India who was gang raped last week-end came to my attention. And I just couldn't. I just can't. We are all wonderfully imperfect beings. What pushes some of us to think they have the right to destroy another person's life, violate their basic rights and deprive them of all that is good and bright? I think now more than ever we need respect and we need it now. We need love, we need togetherness, we need compassion, we need understanding. This may sound so cliché but it has to start with us. It has to extend from the I to the we. Let's all rewire ourselves to be better. I truly believe we can. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment