Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Can't stop the water






Last Stand on the Island from Evan Abramson on Vimeo.


Can't Stop The Water from Cottage Films on Vimeo.

Instead of spending 15 minutes watching crazy stupid TV, I urge you to take this time to watch these two short films. Isle de Jean Charles is the inspiration behind this year much buzzed Beasts of the Southern Wild. 24 families remain on this sinking island. Native American, french speaking fishermen (my people!!) who stand strong despite internal polarization (the tribe chief wants to move the reservation) and obvious concerns (the island is sinking or eroding dangerously fast into the sea). These films moved me. Maybe it's the journalist in me but i find these subject stories fascinating. In fact, I would very much like to visit this island before it is but a memory. Watch it. Please. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment