Sunday, January 27, 2013

Confidence




Let's face it: having confidence is hard. Not only are we plagued with "comparitism" (the affliction of constantly comparing ourselves to others) but confidence is also a moving and fickle concept. Confidence, I believe, is something you have to work at everyday. For me, it's not easy. For others, it comes more naturally. But the point is, you have to entertain it. Last year, i felt like I let myself go a little. I didn't care much about my appearance. Now i don't suggest that one's appearance or physical beauty should be the end all and be all (i firmly believe you have to feed your mind after you've filled your closet). I do suggest, however, that one take pride in how they portray themselves. That one should show a little love to oneself. So this is what I've been doing. Giving my self some lovin'. Spoiling myself (a little), giving myself face mask, doing my nails...just things that make me feel good. I think that when you feel good, you project goodness. So I hope that whoever you are and where ever you are, you work at being strong, smart and beautiful. Because it is important. And so are you. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment