Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Welcome to my world






 ... i'll bake you cupcakes! Those exact words were exchanged during my therapy session today. I was talking about how boring I felt my life was. I can't attract a man, i thought, if all I want to do with my time is lay in bed, bake cupcakes and knit (also called a Canadian hibernation)! Well, my therapist said: "it looks like you want to take time for yourself. Relax. Do the things you need and love. And what's wrong with that? Besides, many men want that!" And of course, as most therapists are (very frustratingly so at times) he's right. Shit, I (we) are allowed to do things for ourselves once in awhile. Things that might not fit into our idea of what our life ought to be. But things that are good to us nonetheless. So...as Valentine's Day comes knocking again, I say, let's love ourselves. Let's bake this and be happy. Now, tomorrow, always. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment