Monday, March 25, 2013

Be well





I am not a new-age kind of gal. As a matter of fact, I'm usually pretty skeptical when it comes to "miracle" stories, crystals or other hollistic practices. But recently, thanks to my amazing coworker who is studying to be a naturopath, I'm starting (and the key word here is starting) to be more open-minded when it comes to alternative methods of healing. Under my friend's guidance, I have started eating more vegetables, exercising more regularly and learn to listen to what my body is telling me. And i do feel good. Which is why, when I discovered the "Wellness Warrior" I had less trouble believing that a radical change in lifestyle could heal one person -even of cancer. I think that what Jess Ainscough promotes is amazing. Of course, her story is quite extreme and the requirements of a 9 to 5 job doesn't allow you to "juice up" every few hours or even (gasp) do an enema (which is, by the by, not a practice deemed saved in Canada). But the key message here "to be incredibly kind to yourself" is so important! If you want to get inspired, check her out. I truly believe that feeling good and being good starts on the inside. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment