Saturday, April 20, 2013

The fire within





My idol, Meryl Streep

 I believe ambitions get formed from a very young age, whether we realize it or not. Some people have a clearer understanding of what they want their lives to be, of course. I'm always amazed at these people who have inherently a sense of confidence about their abilities and who set out to reach their goals very early on. I was reading on interview on Jennifer Lawrence the other day in which she explained the pressures of growing up with two older brothers who seemingly had it all figured out. One was a star athlete, the other, a straight-A student. Lawrence claims she was neither good in school nor very athletic. But at 15 years old, she was sent a script and told her mom: "I got this, I understand this." And the rest is history...girl got a Best Actress Oscar at age 22 (!!!!!!). This, is not always the norm however and for some, it takes losing one self along the way, trying different things, screwing at others, to get back to your first love. Although I absolutely love to write, I have always felt that my place was in front of a camera. Not because I'm narcissistic (in fact, I hate having my picture taken and I am very hard on myself) but because, when I'm in front of a camera, I feel at ease. I've got this. And this is, as a matter of fact, not given to anyone. Whilst I love the job I am doing now, I feel like my true ambition is starting to become clearer and clearer (whether it be acting or being a journalist/host -what i studied in-). And thus, I will be setting out on a journey to make it happen. I might screw up, it might be hella hard, it might even change along the way, but I feel like in order to honor who i am and to unleash my true potential, i need to give it a shot. Wish me luck. xox

P.S. What are your ambitions? What have you always dreamed of?

No comments:

Post a Comment