Friday, May 3, 2013

Challenge me-Day 1


























I love challenges. I'm quite competitive, though no longer in an unhealthy way. And so, if you tell me to jump, i'll do it. If you say I can't do it, I will. But sometimes, it's good to challenge yourself. To discover more about your limits and your aspirations, without any outside influence. To do it, not because someone challenges you to but simply because you want to. So...I am doing this challenge for me. Perhaps you will join me (I hope so). In any case,  I hope that my answers will enlighten you in some ways. Let's do this. xox


My current relationship status is very much single. Some days, I feel great about it. And some days, I feel pretty shitty about it. The great paradox of my life lies in the fact that I entertain a deep fear of intimacy whilst longing to love and be loved. As I am getting to know myself and understand my patterns better, I am indeed attempting to overcome my fear whilst being less emotionally dependent. And so, being on my own is what I need, right now. I love the freedom, I love that I get to know myself better and that I get to prioritize me. What I long for however, is a stable relationship with someone whom I am passionate about (and who I hope is passionate about me). I want to love and be loved and share. And most days, I feel like I am on the right path to finding a good guy to do some traveling with. And other days, I despair and feel like I will forever be stuck in the wilderness. I would be tempted to say that single life is not all what people in relationships make it out to be. But i feel with great certainty that there is a path that we have to travel. And mine right now looks very far from promiscuity and parties and sexting but I have great confidence that it will provide me with the right foundations to let love in.

No comments:

Post a Comment