Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Challenge me-Day 5




Suicide prevention is a cause that is very dear to me. Having suffered from depression, I know what it feels like to feel hopeless. To hurt so much that you think about ending it. I have certainly thought about it many times (especially in the thick of the darkness) There are different steps, of course, which will lead someone to do the irreparable.  But when, even on a very superficial level, death seems a more pleasant alternative than life, then you know the suffering has gone too deep or too far for too long. I am not the stereotypical image of a depressed person and so I also know what it feels like to suffer in silence. Thus why I would love to get involved one day with various suicide (or depression) help line or prevention organizations. I feel that life is too wonderful and precious to be given up on. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment