Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The immensity of it all





 Well, I have been MIA. Not because I had places to go. Instead, the last few days I have kind of turned inwards-because that's where the storm is brewing. I am not so sure if it is a good storm, the kind that washes away things only to give way to a more luxuriant, lusher landscape or if it's a very destructive storm-the kind that annihilates everything on its path. Both are actually not bad because oft you need to destroy the foundations to rebuild a stronger base. The point is,  I feel a sea of change coming. The unknown is very scary to me (seeing as I am a control freak). Letting go, hoping things will be for the best looks wonderful on paper but in reality, it is so hard to relinquish any kind of hold on what may come and be. I feel like I need to move, and I want to be proactive, yet I keep hitting roadblock after roadblock. A very infuriating scenario to say the least! And so, whilst I know that the earth will not be shifted in its axis, it still feels very important for me to just accept. Accept things as they come, as they are and as I presume, they ought to be. And maybe that's the lesson that I have to learn, that we all have to learn: that sometimes, you have to not see the shore to discover new places, new people, a new life. Just keep sailing, without a map, without a lighthouse in sight. Just get on the boat and go. And never look back. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment